Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Oxfords or Brogues?

What's the difference?

According to Wikipedia:

The Brogue is a style of low-heeled shoe or boot traditionally characterized by multiple-piece, sturdy leather uppers with decorative perforations (or "brogueing") and serration along the pieces' visible edges.

whilst

An Oxford is a style of laced shoe characterized by shoelace eyelet tabs that are stitched underneath the vamp, a construction method that is also sometimes referred to as "closed lacing."

Easy, if your lace-up shoes have perforations, they're brogues. I've associated oxfords and brogues with London/England, but these really first appeared in Scotland and Ireland.

I'm a new fan of oxfords and brogues. This pair from Ichigo Shoes sparked my interest, though I failed to get it in my size:



Join me as I chronicle my search for oxfords and brogues - whether in stores or through photos online (because sometimes, my hubby and wallet won't cooperate). :)

No comments: